Thursday 20 January 2011

newspaper

when I call from my window

to the low street,

rippling with wet snow

and necessity


a zing

he stops in the dark, tosses the plastic

package


the story has arrived, the boy who brought it to

my door is here, open


I don’t move if I can help it

not to pull my nose or touch my hair


I want this visit, unwarranted, uncounted

the place they can’t put their finger

under the cold blanket of night


But I see reporters

in flaccid

florescent offices

nothing like Rosalind Russell. Although

the thing she called production for use

is the same.


If he sees me here?

behind the glass and the glare,

forever borrowing a moment


fuck the clock, I am unrepentant

yet nobody's been paid

for this work


Come on, boy of stories,

bringer of messages

envoy of industry, harbinger of ink,

fool, herald, witness, carrier


his bike slides forward


we are trying to read minds


but something slips

off the tracks


If it was murder

it didn’t look like one


when I put my body in front of your body

and said

I know this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment